Friday, June 24, 2011

I Wonder What Bea is Doing

My wife and I left for 10 days last night. We dropped Bea off at her fosters, and we left. And I never thought I could miss an animal this much.

It's ridiculous. I wonder what she is up to. I hope she doesn't think that we were just watching her for three weeks and gave her back. I hope she remembers us in 10 days, considering dogs have no memory.

Everything makes me think of her. I see other dogs, and think Bea would love to sniff them. I see grass, and think Bea would love to poop on it. The guy next to us at the airport farted, and it actually reminded me of one of Bea's smelly dog farts. Which hurt at first because I miss Bea, and hurt again because it smelled like a dog fart.

I know Bea is fine and she will wag her butt when we come home. But part of me feels mean for leaving. The good news is it took her less than a day to love us unconditionally. So even if she forgets, it'll just be another day before she's back.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the DWB (dogs with blogs) community!

    We smell a first time doggy parent leaving his furkid for the first time at the doggy hotel...if you worry like my mommy does about me and my sisters, you can call and they will put you on the phone with your furkid! My mommy calls me and my sisters once a day to tell us she loves us and the people at the doggy hotel tell mommy about how our butts wiggle when we hear her voice on the phone.

    MY sisters and i promise that your furkid loves you with all her butt and she will be ecstatic and full of wiggie-butt when you go to pick her up!

    if you have any questions or concerns, dont hesitate to reach out to our mommy! Our peemail is located on our profile page :)

    Tail Wiggles & Puppy Kisses,

    Coco The Princess, Lady Godiva & Truffle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOL! Ma and Daddy-dog have had me for six years and every time they go away for a long trip (more than three days), Ma cries her eyes out! She worries if I will be all right, if I will get loose and get lost...all that silliness!

    From what I can tell, you will never get over leaving Bea so just "Get over getting over it"; it will never happen. Which, I can tell you...from a dog's point of view, we are glad you love us THAT much!
    Cairn cuddles, Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bol!! You hoomans are so silly. For sure Bea will still love you, because she never would really forget who you are. We pooches aren't that shallow! As for the dog farts comment...we have been around you man hoomans enough to say you are capable of wayyyy more stinkies than we are...we just get blamed for your, um, cutting the cheese. Bwahahahaha.
    Smooches from pooches,
    BabyRocketDog and Hootie

    ReplyDelete